JSON Val Encoder was previously applied to all Name/Value pairs. Since Rome Patch 3, it is not applied on REST, SOAP, Powershell, and Payload Builder action steps, as those are missing JSON escaping.
For versions prior to Rome Patch 5, an error can occur where the serialization of the Array.String data type in the Payload Builder step generates an invalid JSON. Importing enterprise user fails in Lightstep Incident Response. Instances on Quebec do not experience this issue.
This defect affects REST, SOAP, Powershell, and Payload Builder action steps, but the below steps are for REST:
0. Login a Rome Patch 2-3 instance
1. Import and commit the attached Update Set
2. Create a sys_trigger with the following:
Name: Create Incident
Trigger Type: Repeat
Repeat: 0 days 0 hours 1 minute 0 seconds
var gr = new GlideRecord("incident");
gr.short_description = "Trigger Flow";
3. Check the sys_flow_context table and verify the flow with name=payload is running successfully once every minute (state=Complete)
4. Upgrade the instance to Rome Patch 3-4
5. Check the sys_flow_context table and verify the flow with name=payload is running every minute showing state=Error
This problem has been fixed. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In section to determine the latest version with a permanent fix your instance can be upgraded to.
There are two possible workarounds if an upgrade is not possible: