Agents with an inactive channel user profile may not receive AMB updates for new conversation messages
Agents with an inactive channel user profile may not receive AMB updates for new conversation messages or messages get delayed.
Steps to Reproduce
- Set up Agent Chat with an AWA queue and associated group with Beth Anglin as an eligible agent.
- Impersonate Beth Anglin and handle one or more chats so that a channel user profile is created.
- As an admin, find the active sys_cs_channel_user_profile for channel_user_id 'beth.anglin', and update it to have active=false. This might be necessary to do more than once, to increase the odds of an inactive profile being used.
- Impersonate Beth Anglin again, and accept another chat.
- Send a message to the chat as the requester.
Expected behavior: The agent sees the message right away.
Actual behavior: The agent does not see the message right away. It only appears after a delay of up to a minute.
1. On Agent Side - Refresh the page to receive missed messages.
2. Go to sys_cs_channel_user_profile and if there are any inactive records then these records can be deleted to mitigate this issue.
However, it’s important to note that missed messages can also occur because of network instability or issues with AMB.
Related Problem: PRB1520138