Troubleshooting Guide for Intermittent issues in Agent Chat and AWA
We often come across intermittent issues with Agent Chat and Advanced work assignments. This Knowledge article is designed to give guidance to Support and customer to provide correct information at right time in order to narrow down issues quicker.
If you like to have a quick look at Flow Diagram then please click here.
Common questions in all types of Intermittent issues
1. Browser-related questions:-
- The issue is replicated in all browsers?
- The issue is replicated in an incognito browser as well?
- Whats the browser versions?
2. The Network-related questions:-
- Any network issue at Agent/ End-user side when the issue was happening?
- Any company-specific VPN network was used?
- Is this same issue happening using personal wifi/hotspot?
- Is this same issue happening on a personal computer?
- Refer Docs or KB0516752 for further information
3. Connectivity Issues:-
4. User-specific Questions:-
- All Users are impacted?
- All users are from the same region?
- All users are from the same domain? [ In case of instance is domain separated ]
5. How to store HAR files:-
- Agent opens "Agent workspace"
- Agent inspects network on Browser.
- Agent refresh browser.
- Agent wait for evidence when an issue occurs
- Agent exports HAR files without refreshing the browser again.
Additional information can be found here:- KB0655923 - Gathering network information for an Intermittent Issue
AMB Messages are extremely important in HAR files at times. So better to follow as per the below screenshots.
1. Messages are lost or disappearing
Please ask a couple of questions listed below to narrow down this issue further.
- Is this issue happening only at Agent Side? If yes then...
- Are there many tabs open in the Agent workspace? If there are too many tabs open, it can cause issues.
- Did Agent login to multiple sessions with Service-now.com?
- At the same time, end-user was able to receive messages?
- Is this issue happening only on the End-user side? If yes then...
- Did the end-user have too many browser tabs open?
- Did the end-user log in to multiple browser sessions?
- Did the sys_cs_message.list table have all messages stored?
- Did the sys_amb_messages.list table has all messages stored?
- Did Agent send a particular message to the end-user and did the issue happen? If yes, then...
- What was that message? any video file?
- Try to reproduce with similar types of messages in OOB.
- Chat questions?
- Is this issue happening to only one conversation or multiple?
- If there are multiple conversations then is there any pattern?
- Is refreshing the browser resolve the issue temporarily?
2. Agents are not able to accept chat OR when an agent accepts chat, accept or reject button greyed out
Please ask the following questions to narrow down this issue further.
- Ask all relevant questions from Common questions in all types of Intermittent issues
- Is user-facing any other Ui issues?
- Any browser console errors?
- The refreshing page allowed users to accept chat?
- Is this chat/interaction got transferred from another agent?
- is Transfer happening multiple times? Try reproducing the same steps on OOB.
- Check node logs, is there any error at the time of issue?
3. Work items do not appear in the inbox of Agents.
- Please ask all relevant questions from the section Common questions in all types of Intermittent issues to narrow down this issue further.
- Is this issue happening after a certain time for example? 45 mins / 1 hour?
- Websocket connectivity issues? Please refer - KB0819286
- Is this because of multiple agent chat transfers?
1. Inbox notification
- Is it Work items are not appearing in Agent Workspace Inbox?
- If yes then please check "Agent Chat -> Work items do not appear in the inbox of Agents"
2. Browser notification
- Is it a Browser notification issue?
- Make sure respective browsers are allowed to send notifications from Service-now.com websites.
- Make sure respective notifications are turned on as per the below screenshot.
3. Audio notification
- Is it an Audio notification issue?
- Are you facing any known issues?
- The issue is specific to the user and their browser? [ Worth checking the following solution?]