This KB applies after CAPI to Pattern migration.
If you noticed below Symptoms:
- AWS master account discovery schedule / Azure Management Group discovery schedule doesn't work properly:
- Patterns are not launched according to sn_pattern_trigger_rule
- Resources for certain member accounts are not populated
- VM - Schedule doesn't work properly:
- Missing target IP addresses
- These used to work when using CAPI
Please review cmp_discovery_ldc_config to make sure the entries are not manually created, for example, check date created/updated/created by/updated by fields.
Also make sure:
- If multiple Service Accounts are linked to same discovery schedule by cmp_discovery_ldc_config, they must belong to same master account, and the master account must also have a cmp_discovery_ldc_config record to same schedule
- If datacenters are picked, then the datacenters picked must be same for each service account for the schedule
- There must be datacenters discovered on the master account
Note: After migration CAPI to Pattern, we only support creating AWS / Azure Cloud Discovery schedule from the Wizard.
If you have any feedback or would like to request feature enhancement, please follow KB below to submit your requirements to our IDEA Management portal, so that our developers will assess and may add it as an OOB feature in the future: