Reconciliation is never terminating
- When reconciliation is run, "'SAM - Software License Reconciliation''" that populates the task queue. It then kicks off 4 scheduled jobs ('SAM - Software License Reconciliation Worker') that will process the task queue. The main job quits immediately after kicking off the 4 workers. Each worker is independent and starts picking up tasks.
- Some tasks were left as "In Progress". When the instance restarted, platform kicked off these same jobs automatically. These workers picked up any remaining "Ready" tasks (tasks that have no upstream dependency and haven't started). However, once those tasks were completed, they were waiting for the "In Progress" tasks in the queue to complete before picking any tasks dependdent on those like publisher wrapup, wrapping up recon and terminating. But no one is actually working on those "In Progress" tasks - because its workers died and no new worker picks up a task that is already "In Progress".
Steps to Reproduce
- Navigate to Run reconciliation
- Run the reconciliation job for all publisher
- Verified the job is stuck in samp_reconciliation_result table
- No record can be see in samp_publishers_to_process or Active transaction .
- This problem is currently under review. You can contact ServiceNow Technical Support or subscribe to this Known Error article by clicking the Subscribe button at the top right of this form to be notified when more information will become available.
Related Problem: PRB1504592