These are the troubleshooting scenarios for Telecommunications Alarm Management Open API.
All releases where Telecommunications Alarm Management Open API application has been implemented.
1. Troubleshooting scenarios - Create Alarm did not generate an Alert or Incident:
i) We posted a create alarm API, the event is created but the Alert was not created?
- The creation of alerts from events is based on the Event rules configured on the instance which is an OOB Event Management capability. If there is an event rule which specifically bypasses the alert log, then it may result in the alert not getting created.
ii) We posted a create alarm API, the event and alert are created but the Incident was not created.
- The creation of incidents from alerts is based on the Alert Management rules configured on the instance which is an OOB Event Management capability. An incident is created only if an Alert Management rule is configured to create an incident.
2. Troubleshooting scenarios - Patch and Clear API did not update the alert:
i) We ran a Patch API, but the alert did not get updated?
- The Patch API will only update the alert if the "alarmChangeTime" is greater than the "alarmRaisedTime".
ii) We posted a Clear API, but the Alert did not get updated?
- The Clear API will only update the alert if the "alarmClearedTime" is greater than the "alarmRaisedTime".