The license metric on the windows servers is Per Processor, instead of Per Core (with CAL)
- The license metric on the windows servers is Per Processor, instead of Per Core(with CAL)
Steps to Reproduce:
- Log in to the instance
- Navigate to "System Product Definitions" table
- Search for the records with "Product = Windows Server" and "License metric = Per Processor"
- Windows Server were licensed as "Per Processor" until the release of version 2016.
- Here below are the versions and how are they licensed
2003/R2: Per Processor
2008/R2: Per Processor
2012/R2: Per Processor
2016: Per Core (CAL)
2019: Per Core (CAL)
- Please refer to the attachments here for more details on the same.