Disabled custom content root elements are still rendered in classic Agent Workspace.
Quebec (GAC is unavailable):
1. Open custom content root element for the home module (/nav_to.do?uri=sys_ux_custom_content_root_elem.do?sys_id=3289db475300330030c3ddeeff7b128c).
2. Set active = false.
3. Open workspace landing page. The landing page is still visible.
1. Create a new workspace in GAC:
1.a. Go to Studio.
1.b. Create a new app.
1.c. Create a new workspace.
2. Open the newly created workspace configuration.
3. Disable the list module.
4. Go to the OOB Agent Workspace (not the newly created workspace).
5. Open the list module.
Notice there are two lists instead of one. This is applicable for any of the workspace modules, not just list.
This problem has been fixed. There is no workaround available. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In section to determine the latest version with a permanent fix your instance can be upgraded to.