Post Upgrade Mid-Servers have errors related to MID Server encryption and decrypting file information.
- Post upgrade to a newer patch or release, mid servers have the following issues under Mid Server Issues table.
Release or Environment
- Instance enabled with Discovery.
1.MID Server encryption keys do not match and are no longer valid. To restore proper functionality, invalidate and re-validate the MID Server.
2.Could not decrypt file discovery inclusion list after sync.
- The affected MID Server encryption keys do not match and are no longer valid.
- Private keys are used to decrypt automation credentials so that MID Servers can transmit information securely. Key pairs are initially generated when a MID Server is validated, and MID Servers should be rekeyed periodically to meet security requirements.
- Rekey a MID Server to generate a new private key to resolve the issue by following the below steps:
1. Navigate to MID Server > Servers.
2. Open the MID Server whose keypairs you want to rotate.
3. Under Related Links, click Rekey.