Credentials has been presented into plain text into the discovery log and information for CDB/PDB and DB size is not populated.
The following issues were observed before implementing a fix to the identification section of the pattern "Oracle DB on Unix"
1. Run discovery against Linux server with Oracle DB.
2. Validate that pattern "Oracle DB On Unix" is triggered .
2. Navigate to horizontal discovery log.
3. Point step "populate size info for pdb" from extension section "Get Oracle PDB info if exit".
4. Observe the credentials are visible in a human readable format (plain text).
5. Navigate to table "cmdb_ci_db_ora_pdb_instance" information for PDB instances is not populated
The modified extension sections will be released as part of application "Discovery and Service Mapping Patterns" October release (Store version 1.0.70). As all the SQL queries are dependent from data coming from the identification section "Identification for Oracle DB entry point type(s) - no instance" of the pattern "Oracle DB on UNIX" which will be released for Quebec release and back-ported for Orlando patch 8 and Paris patch 2, all the customers using different releases before the mentioned should install the following modified pattern attached to the current KB article.
1. In the filter navigator type: sa_pattern.list
2. When you are in the view, right click on the "Name" column
3. Choose "Import XML" from the list
4. The following page appears:
5. Ensure that you are in the "Global" application
6. Choose one of the two files attached to the KB article (sa_pattern_28d607dbfead4be3887c843814455105.xml; sa_pattern_90eac2bedb021810a2713342399619c8.xml).
7. Upload the XML file.
8. Repeat the same procedure for the second XML file.
9. Navigate to pattern "Oracle DB on Unix" and open indetification section "Identification for Oracle DB entry point type(s) - no instance", verify that the changes are applied.