ICalendar Integration fails with mapping against variables instead of table fields.
Icalendar notification fails when is created with mapping based on variables instead of table fields.
Steps to Reproduce
In an affected instance:
- Go to Service Catalog > Maintain Items.
- Pick up 'Apple Ipad 3' ( for example).
- Create 3 new variables for it:
- v_dtstart of type date/time.
- v_dtend of type date/time.
- v_location of type Single Line Text.
- In the navigation filter, enter sys_impex_map.list.
- Create a new mapping for the date fields.
- Name it 'icalendar.sc_req_item'
- Set the type to calendar.
- Once created the mapping, click on it to add 3 new field maps based on variables (choose 'Mapping to a variable name'), as follows:
- Mapped field name: External Name
- v_dtstart: dtstart
- v_dtend: dtend
- v_location: location
- Save the changes
- Create a new email template based on sc_req_item table. Name it ipad_template. In the Text section of the template add the following:
PRODID:-//Service-now.com//Outlook 11.0 MIMEDIR//EN
After carefully considering the severity and frequency of the issue, and the risk of attempting a fix, it has been decided to not address this issue in any current or future releases. We do not make this decision lightly, and we apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any questions regarding this problem, contact ServiceNow Technical Support.
Related Problem: PRB647008