The alert will trigger when the email send-ready list is growing faster than the speed we are sending emails for more than 100 seconds, and there are more than 10 emails in send-ready state
The reason behind this alert can be because of multiple conditions:
- The Outbound Email queue is huge, which is resulting in the SMTP Senders to not process them or process them but appear stuck
- The SMTP senders are unresponsive
- Connection failure from the Email Sender to the target recipients email servers
- SMTP senders are incorrectly configured with the exchange services
To resolve things on your own, you can carry out the following steps:
- Go to HI portal, then in the navigation filter, type in System Mailboxes > Outbound > Outbox. Here, you will be able to see the outbound email queue, which can be clue of why the sender is stuck or responding slow.
- Make sure whether the sender is running or not
- Go to HI and in the navigation filter, type in System Scheduler, then under that, click on Scheduled Jobs. Here, we can clearly observe as to how many jobs are on the queue of getting processed.
- Also, to find out when and where the issue occurred, the best place to look for is the Email log. To do, so :-
- Go to your instance
- Under the navigation filter, type in email and then under the System Logs tab click on Emails
- To check for the status of the senders, go to the Email Diagnostics tab under the System Mailboxes section