- When an alert is created, BR "Calculate correlation rule" is executed. The BR calls AlertManager.calculateAlertCorrelation(grAlert)
- AlertManager calls AlertCorrelationHandler which:
- A. Checks if the alert matches one of the filters, for primary or secondary alert
- If the filter matches either primary, secondary, or advanced, look for a match corresponding to the primary or secondary as configured in the alert correlation rule.
Alert correlation can be calculated on demand, for troubleshooting purposes, by:
- Navigating to "System Definition > Scripts - Background"
- Runing script:
var alertSI = '<sys_id_of_alert>';
var alertManager = new SNC.AlertManager();
var grAlert = new GlideRecord('em_alert');
var grFound = grAlert.get(alertSI);
gs.print("Calculate correlation rule for: " + grAlert.number);