Allow-listing Addresses GCC Sending IP Adresses in ProofPoint
Customers will need to complete the following steps in order to allow-list GCC sending IP addresses in ProofPoint (which is not a responsibility of ServiceNow).
(Please note that the following steps were captured from the ProofPoint website.)
Setting Up A Filter To Allow-list An Address:
- -- Click Company Settings.
- -- Click the Filters tab.
- -- While on the Inbound tab, click New Filter.
- -- Choose a name for the filter (i.e. Allow-listed Senders) and leave the Direction set to Inbound.
- -- Click Continue.
- -- In the Filter Logic section, choose the proper Scope for the filter:
- If you want the filter to be applied to everyone, leave scope = <Company>.
- If you want to target a specific individual or group of individuals, change the scope.
- -- In the If section:
- First drop-down box: Select Sender Address from the dropdown list of options message elements.
- Next drop-down box: Select IS.
Final box: Enter the full email address of the sender (e.g. email@example.com).
Spoofing from the entered address can be safe guarded against by adding additional IF conditions. For example: if the message subject is similar with each message, add the subject text or if messages always come form a specific server, add a condition for the specific server name in the email header.
- -- In the Do section: select <Allow> from the dropdown list of actions.
- -- On the right, in the Filter Details box, in the Description box, give a brief description of the filter's purpose.
- -- Click Save.