Dashboard Breakdown Source filter preferences are saved/stored for user and will be loaded when user logs in again.
One can add breakdown sources to a dashboard. Users then can select a breakdown element to filter data in the Performance Analytics widgets that have been added to the dashboard.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Log into an instance (with any user)
- Create a breakdown source and add it to a dashboard
- Select that breakdown source and select one or more breakdown elements to filter scores in the visualizations on the dashboard.
- For example, a dashboard that uses the breakdown source Incident.Category enables users to select a category from the list.
- Select "Database" as category from the breakdown elements so that the widget filter scores in the visualizations on the dashboard according to the category "Database". Screenshot below:
- Now log out from the instance
- Now log in again with the same user and open the same dashboard and you will notify the dashboard breakdown source filter preferences are saved for user.
- In this scenario, the breakdown source Incident.Category will have "Database" as category selected automatically as it is saved
- These dashboard preferences for the users are stored in table "sys_canvas_preferences"