User is not able to edit the field 'Can Read' in the list view on the KB Knowledge table even when the configuration is such to set this field editable within the list view.
1. Go to Application Navigator > kb_knowledge.list.
2. Double click on the field 'Can Read' in the list view. Notice the error 'This element type is not editable from the list' when trying to edit the field.
4. Open a Knowledge Article.
5. Click on the settings button (hamburger icon).
6. Configure > Form Layout.
7. Create a new field, ensure this field has the following settings:
Type: List (glide_list).
8. Edit this new field within the list view. Notice this custom field, which has the same configuration as the 'Can Read' field, is allowed to be edited within the list view.
After carefully considering the severity and frequency of the issue, and the cost and risk of attempting a fix, it has been decided to not address this issue in any current or near future releases. We do not make this decision lightly, and we apologise for any inconvenience.
Ensure the instance has been configured to allow editing list field types and fields in the list view on the table kb_knowledge (Knowledge).
1. Configuration of UI Properties:
2. Configuration of System Property of glide.ui.list_edit_ignore_types:
3. Configuration of List Control within kb_knowledge.list:
Create then a custom list field: