The variable "Lane wip limit" is incorrectly set when renaming or creating a new lane in Visual Task Board. This will trigger to condition in the "Lane limit Exceeded" notification if a user move a card in that lane.
1. Log into a New York instance
2. Create a freeform Visual Task Board. Notice the "Lane wip limit" values are -1 (To Do, Doing, Done).
3. Rename a lane, for example "To Do" to "To Do2". The value is removed when it should stay at -1.
4. Run the script listed below in the script background and see that it is in fact equal to 0:
var gr = new GlideRecord('vtb_lane');
gr.get('sys_id of the lane here');
5. Create a new Lane. The Lane wip limit shows empty, when checked with the script above it returns 0, when it should be -1. Hence this is interfering with the Notification below that checks for value = 0 or greater:
Notification "Lane limit Exceeded" located at:
When a new lane is created, the Lane wip limit should be set to - 1 not to 0 because, if the user move the card to the lane, it will trigger that condition above since the limit is not set to -1 but to 0 instead (per default it should be set to -1.
This problem has been fixed. There is no workaround available. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In section to determine the latest version with a permanent fix your instance can be upgraded to.