Test Discovery Credentials successful irrespective of Port Number
- Navigate to Discovery --> Credentials.
- Open any Windows Credentials.
- Test Credentials on an IP which has affinity with these credentials by specifying port number.
- Test will be successful.
- Test Credentials on the same IP without providing port number.
- Test will again be successful.
- The port number is displayed only for information purpose.
- Test credential does not rely on port displayed in the UI.
- In the background, a powershell cmdlet -
gwmi win32_operatingsystem -computer $computer -credential $cred -impersonation 3 -authentication 6 -EA "Stop"
is called and by default it directly targets to WMI port of target ip address.
- Thus irrespective of Port displayed on the UI , the credential test will target port 135 and fails only when there is a credentials issue.