Field HINT does not work for work_notes on other tables except task when they override on task.work_notes in the labels of dictionary.
1. Navigate to System Definition > Dictionary
2. Search table = task, Column name=work_notes
3. Under Labels tab, Click New
4. Table: incident, Element: work_notes, Label: Work Notes, Hint: hint on incident table
- For scoped app test as in customer case, Under Labels tab, Click New
Table: sn_hr_core_case, Element: work_notes, Label: Work Notes, Hint: hint on HR case
6. Go to incident.list and go to any no closed incident record (Or sn_hr_core_case.list go to any no closed HR case)
7. Hover on the work_notes label
The display override fails, like instead triggering on 'hint on incident table' in incident record or hint on HR case in sn_hr_core_case record. The only shown hint is for the task table: 'test Hint on task table'.
This problem is under review and targeted to be fixed in a future release. To receive notifications when more information becomes available, subscribe to this Known Error article by clicking the Subscribe button at the top right of this form.
As a workaround, create the journal field(s) dictonary records on the incident table, or whichever table you wish to have a more specific hint.