When using Duplicate Remediator, the remediation process may fail due to out of the box business rule: "Read only CI when not New" and "Prevent removal/update of primary CI".
1. Create two cmdb_ci_win_server records with same serial number.
2. Run Correctness health job, confirm de-duplicate task created for above CIs.
3. Create a new change request, assign one of the CIs above as configuration item.
4. Move the change to waiting for approval stage.
5. Open the de-duplicate task, run Duplicate Remediator, select the CI that is not used in the change request as primary CI, proceed.
The Remediation process will fail, and the de-duplicate task worknotes show an error by BR "Read only CI when not New".
After carefully considering the severity and frequency of the issue, and the cost and risk of attempting a fix, it has been decided to not address this issue in any current or near future releases. We do not make this decision lightly, and we apologise for any inconvenience.
As a workaround, in advanced tab, append to the existing condition && gs.getUserName() != "system" for BR "Read only CI when not New"
the additional condition gs.getUserName() != "system" for BR "Prevent removal/update of primary CI"