In order to Set up Oauth between Saleforce and ServiceNow we have to follow the below:
- Create a Connected App in Salesforce for ServiceNow.
- Use the information obtained from the above step and configure ServiceNow.
Step 1: Create a Connected Salesforce App:
- Sign In to your Salesforce.com Developer account, Click on setup.
- From the left navigation Column, Under App Setup, Select Create --> Apps.
- In the Connected Apps Section, Click on New.
- Complete the Basic Information, In the API Section Select Enable Oauth Settings.
- In the OAuth setting that appear, For Callback URL, Type the fully qualified domain name of your server, and append the URL by the following text: auth/add_oauth_token.
- Move the following items from Available Oauth to select OAuth Scope:
* Access and manage your data(api)
* Access your basic Information(id)
* Perform request on your behalf at any time(refresh_token)
After you Save the app, Salesforce populates the API Section with the following IDs that will be used for the configuration on the ServiceNow Instance:
Make a note of the following:
* Consumer Key
* Consumer Secret
* Callback URL.
Step 2: Configuration on the Servicenow Instance:
- Search from System Oauth, Go to Application Registry --> New --> Connect to a third party OAuth Provider.
- Fill in the details on the form for application registry.
- Enter the Client Secret and the Client ID generated on the salesforce in Step 1.
- Fill in the URL as below:
* Authorization URL : https://<salesforce domain>/services/oauth2/authorize
* Token URL : https://<Salesforce Domain>/services/oauth2/token
* Redirect URL: https://<servicenow domain>/oauth_redirect.do
Note: The salesforce domain in the above has to be replaced with the fully qualified domain name of your salesforce i.e appended with -dev-ed.my.salesforce.com
Get the OAuth token:
- From System Web Services --> Outbound --> REST Message.
- Create a new REST message:
- Type the Endpoint to make a Outbound REST in my case : https://anshulsnow-dev-ed.my.salesforce.com/services/data/
- Click on Get OAuth Token.
- You will be redirected to the salesforce page and will be prompted for credentials.
- After successful authentication you will receive the OAuth token .
- You could verify the same from System OAuth --> Manage Token and verify that you see the token from salesforce.
To Get the salesforce Developer account register on: https://developer.salesforce.com/signup
To set up the domain on Salesforce refer: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=domain_name_overview.htm&type=5