How to set the default filter in the Project Workspace (Project > Projects > Project Workspace)
- This article describes the process for changing the default filter that is set on the Project Workspace.
- (Found at: Project > Projects > Project Workspace)
Project Workspace Filter
- The Project Workspace Filter by default sets each user to filter Projects by (Parent is empty > Active = true).
- The default filter is set (and can be changed) in a UI Macro (sys_ui_macro) called: 'html_page_pm_home'
- On line 18 (may vary with ServiceNow versions), the statement: query = 'parentISEMPTY^active=true';
- This can be changed by replacing the string stored as query with another Encoded Query of your choice
- See the following documentation for guidance regarding Encoded Queries:
- Each User can modify and save the filter as a User Preference with the name: 'com.snc.project_management.home_page.entity_cards.query'
- Once a User opens the Project Workspace this User Preference is saved with the default filter that is set in the 'html_page_pm_home' UI Macro (sys_ui_macro).
- After the User's first visit to the page, the filter will then load the filter query that is stored in their User Preferences, hence, it will no longer be set to the specified default query located in the above mentioned UI Macro.