Different stage colours appear on list view when there is any reference field on the [incident] table which reference to the [task_sla] table.
1. Navigate to System Definition > Tables.
2. Filter as Label=Incident and open the filtered record.
3. Click on New on the Columns tab:
Column label: Custom SLA
Column name: custom_sla
4. Open Reference Specification and set the task_sla table as a reference.
5. Click on the Submit button.
6. Put a task_sla record on the new field for which "Has Breached" is "true" and stage is "In progress" or "Completed", you can add this value to any open incident.
7. Type task_sla on Filter navigator.
8. Right click on the column header Configure > All.
9. Open the Styles tab and import the XML which is attached on the problem.
10. Open the incident list view.
11. Configure list layout and add the Custom SLA.Stage field.
12. Observe the field on the list view, the small circle beside "In progress" is orange, and for "Completed" it is green.
This is expected behaviour, due to the style directive possibly being overridden, as there is no expectation of which style should take precedence. The workaround is to avoid ambiguous styling and always specify the wanted style in all cases, for example when the SLA is both "In Progress" and "Has Breached".