What are the pros and cons of hosting multiple MID servers on same single physical machine?
When we have a single physical server to host multiple MID servers, we always wonder what are the pros and cons with this approach:
- Convenience, since they are all located on the same host machine (easy access/easy to manage).
- Don't need to set up too many ACL rules.
- Need a powerful host machine (host machine need to have sufficient resource for each of MID server).
- Only available on the specific subnet where it resides on.
- When the host machine is down, it will cause all MID servers to be down at once.