Switches have Credential affinity created with Unix credentials even when Unix-Classify fails.
Most of the Networking devices have SSH port 22 open.
- When discovery detects port 22 as open, it will trigger unix-Classify.
- If there are any SSH credentials that can log into the device but cannot run any commands, we create the Credential affinity with the SSH credentials.
- Once we are able to log into the device, we send a rest call to the instance to create the discovery affinity and we run echo$0 to get the shell.
- Unix-Classify will eventually fail as the credential cannot run any commands on the device and we proceed to SNMP if port 161 is open.
- Use SNMP behavior for the network devices so that we do not scan for port 22.