- When an approver approves or rejects an approval, we see the approval record (sysapproval_approver) is updated but the related workflow doesn't progress.
- When the approver try to open the approving record (for example: change_request, sc_req_item), the user gets "Record Not Found" error.
- But if an admin user Nudge the workflow, the workflow then progresses.
Possible cause: Query business rules are preventing the approver from seeing the record that should be approved or rejected. So the workflow context of the record won't be updated.
- Login as admin and go to System Definition > Business Rules.
- In the Business Rules list, expand the filter panel on the top, filter on Table and Query fields. e.g. Table = change_request AND Query = true
- This will list all the Query business rules that is on the change_request table. If the approval issue is related to change_request workflow, one of the business rules in this list is causing the issue.
- Check each business rule and review the script in the business rule. Or disable them and test the business rules one-by-one.