Using the ampersand (&) special character in a list column query search will break pagination, causing the page buttons to disappear and displaying a "No records to display" message.
1. Navigate to any list such as incident.list.
2. In any string column such as Short Description, select all records by using the CMD or Shift + click and drag to multi list edit. Change the value to something with an ampersand (&) in it, such as "AT&T".
3. Repeat step 2 on the second page of results.
4. Do a show matching or search for AT&T in the column.
The results will show correctly and the pagination will indicate there should be another list of results.
5. Click the arrow in the header to go to the next page.
Note that a page with no results is displayed and the pagination buttons are missing.
After carefully considering the severity and frequency of the issue, and risk of attempting a fix, it has been decided not to address this issue. We do not make this decision lightly, and we apologize for any inconvenience