This document demonstrates, how User's Avatar picture gets displayed on Service Now Instance.
User's Avatar picture appears either from User's profile image or User's Live profile picture.
Here is the Procedure how system decides which picture to be displayes as Avatar.
- If user updates Profile picture form User profile. It creates two entries in sys_attachment table.
- One entry with following values.
- File Name - Photo
- Table Name - ZZ_YYsys_user
- Second entry with following values.
- File Name - thumb_sysid [ Sys id of record created in "a" entry.
- Table Name - sys_attachment
- Table Sys id - Sys id of record created in "a" entry.
- Thumb file appear as Avatar icon for user.
- If user updates photo from Live Profile. Same two entries gets created as mentioned in 1st.
- If User's profile photo and Live Profile photo both are updated then live profile picture takes precedence and live profile's thumb file will be shown as User's Avatar icon.
- If none of the photos available for user, then Avatar will be shown as Initials like BA for Beth Anglin.
User's Live profile picture can be updated from following places.
- Go to Collaborate -> Live Feed -> Click on Profile name and picture icon -> Hover on Photo -> Upload a picture.
- Go to Collaborate -> Profiles -> open your profile and upload photo.
- Go to Service portal -> Click on your Name -> Profile -> Upload Picture.