You need to enable newer instance types for AWS
Please do the following to add any newer instance types.
- In the left-nav filter, type in cmdb_ci_compute_template.list
- Click New in the Hardware Type table
- Provide the necessary information. Use the name and ObjectID to be the same (e.g: c5.large)
- Save the record
- In the Related Items, press the + button
- In the next screen you will see a list of Suggested Relationships. Select Hosted On (Parent)
- In the Filter below, select Class is AWS Datacenter. You can remove the Operational Status filter item.
- Click Run Filter
- It will bring up a list of Configuration Items below. Select the right AWS region
- Click the + in the Relationships section below
- Select Hosted on::Hosts
- Click Save and Exit