Workflow gets stuck on null pointer exception during Orchestration Join activities
When using custom orchestration activities in a workflow that precedes a join activity, when the join activity is executed, a Null Pointer Exception prematurely terminates the workflow execution.
Steps to Reproduce
- Navigate to Service Catalog/Catalog Definitions/Maintain Items.
- Create a catalog item.
- Next to the Workflow field, click the lookup icon.
- Next to Workflow at the top, click New to create a workflow with an Orchestration activity and a Join activity.
- Click Try it and then Order Now to order the item.
- Navigate to the requested item you just created.
- In the Catalog Tasks related list, change the state of tasks to Complete.
- Refresh the related list and click Show Workflow.
Note: An error occurs when the workflow reaches the Join activity.
There is no known workaround for this issue. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In field to determine the versions that have a permanent fix to this issue.
Related Problem: PRB1270381