FAQ for Connect Chat and Connect Support
Why is my Connect-related page blank or not loading?
Can both Connect Chat and Legacy chat be used at the same time?
- Because they have some conflicting processes and cause issues if used concurrently, it is recommended not to use them together. Also, close all Legacy Chat records before moving to Connect.
How was Connect enabled on my instance?
How Do I disable the Connect Plugin?
How to limit which users can access Connect?
What are the supported browsers for Connect Support?
How are the fields customized on Record Cards shown in the Connect window ($c.do)? (linked records/knowledge and records created from Support)
How to receive Audio notifications when someone joins the Queue?
- In Helsinki Patch 7, Istanbul Patch 2, and newer, a sys_property has been added: glide.connect.support.enter_queue_audio_alert, which can be set to true in order to hear audio alerts when a new chat enters the queue.
How is the Average Wait Time calculated for a Chat Queue?
- There is a business rule named SNC - Chat Queue Average Wait Time on the chat_queue_entry table. It averages the wait time of the last 20 'Work in Progress' chats ordered by opened_at.
- Here is a link to the Business Rule: /nav_to.do?uri=sys_script.do?sys_id=e2479357c0a8015274607cd0fe2d9ffd
Can we hide the average wait time for a queue?
- We do not have a way to completely remove the wait time message, but if you remove the value from the queue record it will just display "Wait time:".
- You can also edit the business rule "SNC - Chat Queue Average Wait Time" so it does not update when records from that queue are accepted.
Can the Service Desk: Call plugin be integrated with Connect Support?
- In the current version of the platform, Jakarta, the primary table for Service Desk: Call new_call does not extend the task table and therefore should not be integrated with Connect Support. With a PRB for this, there is potential to integrate the two plugins better in the future.
Can the system messages from Connect, such as when a user joins or leaves, be saved in the incident activity created from a conversation?
- Yes, In HP6 and above, set the sys_property glide.connect.support.reflect_system_messages to true and it will have the activity of the associated record store the system messages from the Connect conversation.
How does the platform determine the support conversation states?
Can the email notifications for each comment to a conversation after incident creation from Connect be limited?
Can links in Connect Support conversations point to the Service Portal?
- We suggest setting up a Service Portal redirect to have record links created or linked in Connect direct end-users to the Portal. This will not work for knowledge articles and we do not currently have any built-in functionality for this but plan to implement a better integration with
- How to Set Up Servicer Portal Redirect
Is there any way to only show the Agent / Users first name in Connect Support?