Duplicate default views for task lists or forms are created by user transactions
Multiple default views for task lists or forms are being created by logged in users, mostly coinciding with transaction cancelled logs.
Steps to Reproduce
This has proven to be inconsistently reproducible. When a transaction cancel occurs in a user session, i.e. slow loading of a list, the system is creating new Default_view UI components visible to everyone, with Created by set to that user.
Similar issues documented in:
- PRB647812 - Default sys_ui_list records created by non-admin user (not fixed, workaround provided)
- PRB585451 - New sys_ui_list created for a task in the homepage portal view (fixed in Fuji)
- PRB581279 - Unsuccessful database queries cause the creation of new UI components (fixed in Dublin)
In Enterprise, a business rule can be created to abort the insert operation of sys_ui_view records by the affected users. Please review and import the Duplicate Default Prevention business rule attached as an example to start with.
Some of the causes found for this issue:
- Modules pointing to Default_view instead of the expected default null value. These need to be edited setting View Name = null. Use the query URL below to identify the affected modules:
- Module bookmarks storing the suffix sysparm_view=Default_view. This needs to be removed. Use the URL below to identify the user bookmarks containing the invalid suffix:
Related Problem: PRB705091