Chrome scrolling issue on forms with reference icon pop-up window at the bottom
In Chrome, when a reference field is at the bottom of the page, and a reference icon opens in a sys_popup window, the browser scales the form size and scrolls down.
Steps to Reproduce
- Open an instance using the Chrome browser.
- Navigate to Problem > All.
- Open any problem record.
- Right-click in the header bar and select Configure > Related lists.
- Remove a related list by moving it from the Selected column to the Available column.
- Click Save.
- Right-click in the header bar and select Configure > Form Layout.
- Move the Assigned to field to the bottom of the page by selecting the field name in the Selected column and clicking the down arrow icon.
- Click Save.
- Scroll to the bottom of the record form.
- Next to the Assigned to field, do one or both of the following:
- hover over the information icon and scroll down without moving the cursor
- hover over the reference icon, scroll the page, move the cursor from the icon, and place the cursor over the icon
Note that the sys_pop window opens and closes automatically until you remove the mouse from the icon.
After carefully considering the severity and frequency of the issue, and the cost and risk of attempting a fix, it has been decided to not address this issue in any current or near future releases. We do not make these decisions lightly, and we apologize for any inconvenience.
Related Problem: PRB832546