Cannot list edit related list if the Related List Loading option 'After Form Loads' or 'On-demand' is selected
If one of the two Related List Loading options 'After Form Loads' or 'On-demand' is selected, a user cannot list edit on the first related list on the form. The user can double-click on a column to list edit but it will not do anything.
Steps to Reproduce
- Log in to a base system Geneva instance.
- Click on the settings icon in the banner frame, and in the Related List Loading options, select either After Form Loads or On-Demand.
- Navigate to any projects with at least one record in the Protect Tasks related list. (Make sure this related list appears first among other related lists.)
- List edit on any column aside from the Task column. Note that it does not work.
Note: If you move the related list to any position other than first, or you do a sort on any column, it will work properly.
If you set up the list loading in the form to After Form Loads or On-Demand, and the first related list in the form includes a composite field, the other fields in the list are not editable. Double clicking on the field will not do anything.
Possible workarounds for this issue are:
- Move the related list to other positions in the form.
- If the list has to be the first one under the form, remove the composite field from the list.
Related Problem: PRB668806