Logging in through the portal causes browser to fail on Internet Explorer
Logging in through a CMS portal page and navigating to a page that includes the knowledge_home_launcher.do page in an iFrame directs to kb_home instead of $knowledge on Internet Explorer (IE9, IE10, and IE11).
Steps to Reproduce
- Open a Fuji instance on IE9, IE10, or IE 11.
- Configure the CMS page knowledge_splash.do to include an iFrame to kb_home_launcher.do:
- Navigate to Content Management > Pages.
- Open Portal - Knowledge Splash.
- In Related Links, click Edit Page.
- Click Add Content.
- Select New iFrame.
- Add the iFrame to the page by clicking one of the Add Here dropzones.
- To add the knowledge_home_launcher.do URL, click the Click here to configure this reusable IFrame block.
- Name: knowledge home
- Frame name: gsft_main
- Sizing: Expand to fit
- URL: /knowledge_home_launcher.do
- Click Submit.
- Launch CMS (for example, https://<instanceURL>/ess).
This step is important - it is only reproducible logging into CMS.
- Log in as any user.
- Navigate to knowledge_splash.do by clicking the Knowledge link.
You are redirected to kb_home instead of the expected $knowledge page.
- If you login at navpage.do first, then navigate to /ess/knowledge_splash.do, the $knowledge.do is displayed as expected in IE
- If you perform the workflow above using Chrome or FireFox, $knowledge.do displays as expected
It appears this is returning NULL in IE when logging in using the ESS portal instead of logging in using navpage gs.getSession().getProperty('user_agent_version').
There is no known workaround for this issue. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In field below to determine the versions that have a permanent fix to this issue.
Related Problem: PRB648931