Using Oracle database, issues with Chat desktop when there is a long message in the Chat message body [sys_live_message -> body]
Using Oracle database, there are issues with the Chat desktop when there is a long message in the Chat message body [sys_live_message -> body]. Base system (out of box) instance has the field type for sys_live_message -> body as String and Max length is 4000.
Steps to Reproduce
- Login to base system demo running with Oracle 11 g database.
- Install the Chat plugin.
- Impersonate ESS user [able.tuter] and Chat Agent [David Loo ] in two different browsers
- In ESS user browser window navigate to /ess portal page and click on [Service Desk Chat] to initiate the chat
- Use Ipsum generator to generate a long message to start the for Service Desk queue . You can use following link: http://www.ipsum-generator.com/loremipsum/paragraphs
- In browser window as user [David Loo] navigate to Chat desktop [/chat_desktop.do?] to answer the chat from step 4, click on 'Answer Next User'
- Notice that the browser hangs and you will have to refresh the browser tab to see the chat window you just answered
- Now login as admin and Navigate to the System log-> Error, notice the following error:
java.lang.NullPointerException: java.lang.NullPointerException: com.glide.xmpp.Ping.getData(Ping.java:105) com.glide.xmpp.Ping.process(Ping.java:57)
Having the long chat message body, chat desktop hangs in step 7 and there are errors reported in the System Log -> Errors.
Chat desktop should not hang when you have a long message in the chat table sys_live_message body.
Change sys_live_message -> body to CLOB type and then expand the character limit. For more information, see KB0010036.
Related Problem: PRB623903