CMS mobile redirects are not showing correct URL
Content management system (CMS) mobile redirects are not showing the correct URL.
If your mobile site uses the URL suffix "ess_mobile," the correct mobile site page displays when you navigate to the ESS site using a mobile device, but the URL still shows the normal ESS site URL. For example, typing https://demoxxx.service-now.com/ess/order_things.do on a mobile browser displays the correct mobile ESS site page if you have a mobile ESS site with url suffix "_mobile". But the URL still shows that you are on a normal ESS site.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a mobile ESS site on the instance on which you are reproducing the problem.
- Log in to the base system demo site.
- Navigate to Content Management > Sites.
- Open the ESS site with the name Employee Self-Service.
- Click Copy to create a copy of the ESS site.
- Enter name as ess_mobile.
A new ESS site with the url suffix ess_mobile is created.
- Log in to base system demo using a mobile device.
- Navigate to https://demoxxx.service-now.com/ess.
Note that it redirects to the https://demoxxx.service-now.com/ess_mobile site correctly and you can see the browser URL reflects the same.
- Navigate to https://demoxxx.service-now.com/ess/ (here we are using additional "/").
Note that it displays the content of mobile page https://demoxxx.service-now.com/ess_mobile site, but the URL still reflects the https://demoxxx.service-now.com/ess/. The URL should switch to https://demoxxx.service-now.com/ess_mobile as well.
- Navigate to https://demoxxx.service-now.com/ess/order_things.do.
Note that it redirects to the https://demoxxx.service-now.com/ess_mobile/order_things.do page page correctly, but the URL still reflects the https://demoxxx.service-now.com/ess/order_things.do. The URL should switch to https://demoxxx.service-now.com/ess_mobile/order_things.do as well.
This issue is being investigated.
There is no known workaround for this issue. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In field below to determine the versions that have a permanent fix. You can also subscribe to this known error article (click Subscribe button at the top of the article) to receive notifications when more information is available about this issue.
Related Problem: PRB620626