Changes to UI scripts not applied to users until they manually clear their cache
If a system administrator makes a change to a UI script, any user who has already looked at a page using that script will not get the updates.
This is likely the same issue as PRB584873, but more detailed steps to reproduce are included here.
Steps to Reproduce
- Log into an instance as admin or maint running one of the affected builds.
- Navigate to Incidents > All.
- Open an incident.
- Click the book icon to the right of the Short Description field.
- Open one of the KB articles that appear in the popup window.
- Click the Attach to Incident button.
- Navigate to System UI > UI Scripts.
- Open the KnowledgeScripts UI script.
- Add the following line of code below line number 149:
var myTitle = document.getElementById("u_my_title").value;
- Repeat steps 2 through 6.
- Note that everything still works fine.
- Now repeat steps 2 through 5, but before clicking the Attach to Incident button, clear your browser cache, reload the page (easily done in Chrome by pressing CMD+SHFT+R), and then click the button.
- Note that now the functionality breaks.
- Also note that if you inspect the resource names in the browser, the name will not have changed. For example, if the resource name was https://<instancename>.service-now.com/KnowledgeFunctions.jsdbx?v=10-22-2013_2330 before step #1, it will still be https://<instancename>.service-now.com/KnowledgeFunctions.jsdbx?v=10-22-2013_2330.
There is no workaround for this Known Error at this time.
Related Problem: PRB592625