Symptoms may include the following:
Determine if a workflow is checked out by another user
- Cannot publish workflow
- Publishing workflow takes too long
- Cannot modify checked out workflow
- Cannot start workflow
- Workflow does not start
- Workflow does not trigger
To determine if a specific workflow is checked out by another user, three fields are important to note.
- Published - If a workflow is checked out, Published is set to false.
- Checked out by - If a workflow is checked out, a user is added to this field. Otherwise, it is empty.
- Checked out - If a workflow is checked out, a timestamp is added to this field, stating the time when the workflow was checked out. Otherwise, it is blank.
|Note: Only one copy of a workflow version can be checked out at any time. If you are unable to check out a workflow, check to make sure another user hasn't already checked it out.|
Determine if the workflow version is published
- To determine if a workflow version is published, go to the Workflow Version table.
- Find the workflow name in that table.
- A version of that workflow is published if the Published field is set to true.
Forcing a Checkout
To force a checkout of an already checked out workflow version:
- Make sure to open the Checked out version of the workflow in the editor.
- You can verify this by looking at the top of the workflow editor after you open it, which displays whether someone has checked out this version.
- To force a checkout, click on the gear and select Force Checkout.
|Warning: Once you force a checkout of a workflow version, it then belongs to you until you published it.|