The New button is available on some related lists, enabling the user to create a new entry in the related list.
- Select New to open the Related List form.
- After filling in the form, click Submit to add the new entry directly to the related list and to the table the related list calls.
The Edit button on related lists is available when the relationship is either a one-to-many or many-to-many. The Edit button allows users to easily relate multiple records. The Edit button is NOT available on a scripted related list - sometimes called a "defined" or "custom" related list. Defined related lists can be accessed through the "Relationships" module.
The first step in troubleshooting any related list is to identify the type of related list. For more information, see Determining a related list type.
To troubleshoot a one-to-many related list:
- Some elements in a list can be personalized, such as control buttons and filters, using list controls. List controls indicate if the Edit and New buttons appear on a related list. Verify the list control is set to display the New and Edit buttons. For more information, see Verifying the Edit and New buttons on a related list are properly configured.
- Access control list (ACL) rules grant users create, read, and write permissions. Verify that the user has permissions to create or write to the child table or field in the child table that references the parent table. For more information, see Determining if a user has permissions to create, read, and write to an extended table.
- Verify that the field in the child table is configured as a Reference float. This option enables the Edit button on related lists for one-to-many relationships. For more information, see Enabling the Reference float functionality on an extended table.
- The system is designed to review the ACL against the first record in a related list to determine if the Edit or New button appears. In other words, if the first record in the related list does not pass the ACL rule, the Edit button does not appear ever if subsequent records pass the ACL rule. For more information, see Verifying the order in the relate list does not prevent the Edit or New button from appearing.
- Check the UI action condition and ensure it is not blocking.